Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My life. In pictures. Day 3


Today's photo challenge is "A view from your front door" hosted by my good friend Amber at Everything Except the Grill.

When I came home from work(teacher) today, I knew I had my own homework assignment to get started on...to take a picture from my front door. I put down my stuff and the doorbell rang. I grabbed my camera, and when I opened the door, there was Little Miss C. She loves to ring the doorbell. I quickly snapped a photo of her and also of my son playing a quick game of house in our driveway. With the weather being not too cold for the first day of April, the kids were enjoying the outside weather.

My kids are always outside when the weather allows. I live on a cul-de-sac and very little traffic runs by my home. Which I absolutely love. There are also a lot of children in my neighborhood and often in the spring/summer/fall many of the neighbors are out in their driveway barbecuing and hanging out. This is a very social, fun neighborhood compared to my previous address a little more than a year ago. Another great attraction in my neighborhood are the bike trails that are behind the houses across the street. My family will take walks or bike rides on these paths regularly when the weather is nice. These trails are all through the city that I live in.

5 comments:

Amber D. said...

Lovin' this picture! Great view from your front door!

And way to get started on your homework right awaY!

Farmer Gal said...

I love country life, but I do miss that sense of community that you get when you live in town. Looks like you are ready for the warm weather ahead!

Sally said...

sweet photo... I so would love to have bike trails like that!

Kathryn said...

And she looks so happy!

Lovely. Nice to be part of a community & have friends for your kids to play with.

MJW said...

What a cutie! Love your neighborhood.