Saturday, February 7, 2015

Time to Dance

We haven't been to a wedding in YEARS!!!  and the time we do get an invite, we receive two with the wedding on the exact same day, Saturday, January 31.  Go figure!!   So we decided to split up, Phil would go to the one here in DM, since he worked with the bride and I'd travel to SW Iowa to see a dear friend's son get married.

As it turned out, the weather last Saturday was terrible.  We were planning on getting 10 inches of snow and traveling would be not be wise.  So, the girls and I stayed put here in DM.  I was so bummed for not being able to go.

We all ended up going to the wedding here in town....in the rain.  But when we left there was about 4 inches of snow on the ground at 9:30.  Driving home wasn't fun, taking 30 minutes on snow packed highways. 

Seemed like a date night with us getting all dressed up.
My girls

My beautiful daughter and I
One of the many dances they had together.
Ruth and her new friend.
Ruth had the BEST time dancing at the wedding.  She kept asking to dance with the lady in the white dress.  And yes, she did dance with Sarah, the bride a lot.  Ruth got so hot, she took off her socks and put a ponytail in her hair.  She is wanting us to sign her up for dancing class now.   I've been putting this off doing because it means more running around to do.  But I know it is time to put Ruth in some activities.  She sure puts HER time in for going to all of her siblings games.

No comments: