Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July

Every year on the 4th, we travel to my hometown to celebrate July 4th, which is also my grandpa's birthday and Chris & Sara's anniversary. Since I can remember, we'd always celebrate at my grandparents farm for a cookout and fireworks. But for the past two years, we've had our celebration at my uncle's house so it would be easier for my grandparents.

This year was a BIG celebration because my grandpa was celebrating his 90th birthday. Invitations were sent out to friends of my grandpa's to help celebrate this day. He was just tickled with all that had come to see him. My grandparents still live on their own at their farm in the country. They get weekly visits from my uncle and my mom to to check in on them. For the past 10 months, my grandpa has had knee replacement surgery, pneumonia, and in a nursing home to gain strength. Now, he is back living back at his farm where he is the happiest.

Clare is standing in front of my mom's seasonal tree, decorated in 4th of July ornaments and lights. My mom LOVES to decorate for the holidays and seasons. I have a photo of Clare and Ruth by the tree. Olivia and Andrew were playing with their cousins so I didn't get a picture of them til later.

Lookin' at the pretties on the tree. Oops, there goes the ornament.


In the evening we headed to my Uncle Mike's house for the cookout and fireworks. He also has a bounce house for the kids to play in while we wait for the fireworks to begin.


Grandma Lois(89) and my cousin Michelle


Here are most of the my grandparents grandkids. We try to get a picture of them all but that can be a challenge.


Happy Birthday Grandpa!!


Sara(sister-in-law) and I


My mom, Chris and I


Phil and I


Happy 12th Anniversary Chris & Sara


No comments: