Sunday, June 14, 2015

Ruthie Turns 6

Ruthie turned 6 on June 3rd.  It doesn't seem possible that our "baby" is 6.  Thinking back 6 years ago, school just let out for me, I was on day 1 of summer vacation, had a doctor appt. and planting flowers in the afternoon.  I felt some tightness across by belly but just kept on working.  As the evening progressed, by 10:30 pm we decided to take the older 3 kids to my brothers to stay the night.  By the time we drove to the hospital and checked in, I had Ruth Margaret by 3 pm.

Ruth had her first little friend birthday party and she didn't have to share it with her big sister Olivia either.  But first she opened her gifts from us and her grandparents.

Notice a change in outfits.  Ruth loves to switch her outfits out in a day.  Apparently she liked the new outfit I picked out for her.
Ruth was so excited for her birthday party.  However, she didn't like waiting all day to see her friends.  She invited 5 of her friends to come celebrate her birthday.  Ruth had never made a Build-A-Bear, even though we have several in our home already.  I thought it would be fun for her to have a party there.  All of the parties she had been invited to over the year had been very girly and dress-up like, so I was wanting something different. 



Time for some FUN...sword fight!!
She named her bear Jewel and her outfit is a white wedding dress.
It's my BIRTHDAY!!


After Build-A-Bear, Ruth was still celebrating her b-day.  Aunt Sara and cousins had to come over before the day ended to give Ruth her gift.  What a LATE night we all had celebrating Ruth's 6th birthday.  It was sure a birthday to remember too.


No comments: