Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Scrapbooking vs Shutterfly??

For over 10 years, I have put MANY hours into scrapbooking. My first book I created was my wedding album. At the time it was the best I could do to preserve one of the best days of my life. As I look back at my album, scrapbooking has changed in so many ways. It has become more digital and more cost effective with the help of Shutterfly. I'm not sure when I started to use Shutterfly, but I absolutely LOVE this site.

Each year, I have created 12 month calendars for my family. The family members that receive these calendars truly enjoy and look forward to them each year in Dec. The calendars are easy to create and the site is user friendly too. The variety of backgrounds to choose from are awesome and a great way to personalize the calendar as well.

Last year, I created a Shutterfly book, basically for me. I do not have a scrapbook for myself anymore. Finding time to actually sit down with photos and cutting and deciding how to arrange the photos and then selecting the paper is very time consuming. However I do have 4 books that I work on for my children. Finding the time to scrapbook is getting more and more difficult. Anyway, I thought I would make a book that has photos I didn't scrapbook in my children's books. My family and I LOVE looking at photos and I take plenty of photos to look at. The book was easy to create and took only a few hours on the computer to do in the comfort of my home. I have started a book to recap 2010, but so far I'm in the month of April. Hopefully over winter break, I'll have some time to work on it.

Another book I made is of my 4th daughter. Shutterfly always has great deals and promotions. This book was completely free. I was sent this offer via email and at first I wasn't sure what I could make a book about. Then it came to me... I just had a baby at the time and there isn't a better way to have lasting memories of her first few weeks than to have them in a book.

I have also used Shutterfly when creating the birth announcement of my 4th daughter. There were so many options to select from. The quality of all of Shutterfly's projects are top notch!!

The quality of all of Shutterfly's projects are top notch!! And prices are reasonable too.

During the Christmas season, I am always trying to find the right card to send out to family and friends. Shutterfly has a ton of styles to select from when finding the perfect card. I need to take some time to snap photos of the kids so I can send out my Shutterfly Xmas card out. Can't wait!!

Everyone likes to receive things if they are free, right??? Well, Shutterfly is offering an awesome deal to anyone who posts about their services and links their products. IF you chose to do so, then Shutterfly will give you 50 FREE cards. Doesn't that ROCK!!! 50 cards free cards could save you anywhere from $25-45. It is simple. If interested, click this link: http://bit.ly/sfly2010

No comments: