Sunday, September 26, 2010

Clare Turns 6

This weekend we celebrated Clare turning 6. She thought this was big thing. She liked telling people her new age. Her teacher at school gave her a birthday crown to wear, and she wore it around the house for a few days.
When planning the kid's parties these days, I'm finding it to be difficult with the availability with family. There is always something going on during the weekends. We celebrated Clare's bday with my side of the family as Phil's mom worked this week and Dan and Raye had company in town over the weekend.

Saturday was a wet, soggy day. Instead of grilling, I made chili for lunch. Not super kid friendly but they all ate it anyway. It was perfect on this cool fall day.

When I asked Clare what kind of decorations she wanted, she said she wanted 'butterflies.' She
picked out her butterfly design at Nobbies. Hy-Vee decorated her cake to match the decorations.

3 months and 6 years





I was over at the kitchen sink, and I look over to see Ruthie sitting on the table eating crackers.




Silly faces



Thanks everyone for the wonderful gifts you gave Clare.







No comments: