Thursday, June 3, 2010

Turning One

Over the weekend, we celebrated Ruthie's first birthday. Crazy as it seems, another year has flown by for us. Just last year, I was finishing up the school year and May always is busy... baseball, extra dance rehearsals, extra stuff going on at work, Olivia and my nephew's bdays. This year, nothing has slowed us down, and if anything we are more busy in the evenings. I think with the the others being older and more active made Ruth's first year go incredibly fast.


Grandma Ann, Gr. Grandma Lois and Grandpa Mary with the Birthday Girl.


I found Ruthie's bday decorations on-line since I couldn't find what I wanted in the stores here. Usually I have Hy-Vee or Target make my kids' bday cakes but this time I wanted someone to make it with an owl on it to match the theme. Becky at Enchanted Sweets made Ruthie's cakes. I emailed a picture of what I wanted and she created two perfect cakes. When she delivered the cakes, I was surprised to see two boxes. I wasn't expecting the smash cake so it was an extra bonus. I could have chosen a a fancy cake flavor but I went with basic chocolate. However, the chocolate flavor was even better than the store bought chocolate. The cakes were a hit!


The 'Smash' cake


Time to Dig In





__________________________________________
Gift Time







________________________________
Relaxing After the Party


No comments: