Sunday, June 27, 2010

Let's Play Ball

Andrew had a big weekend playing baseball. Andrew's coach from the Royals asked Andrew to play on his AU team since two players were out of town. Andrew loves to play baseball and took the opportunity to play with the Dragons. The first game was on Friday, but he was unable to play b/c he had baseball practice for different team. The Dragons lost their first game. Then on Sat. after a morning rain delay, it was game time in 90+ heat. It was UNBELIEVABLY hot out. Mary watched the girls while I was able to join Phil in watching Andrew play. Usually I'm trying to keep Ruth happy for 2 hours for each game. Even though it was hot out, I enjoyed watching the games w/o interruption. The boys on the team were able to keep their cool and pulled off winning both games. Sunday was the next game. After another rain delay, the first game was at 2PM. I had Phil call me to tell me how it went. Another win advanced the Dragons again. During the next game, I called Phil to see how the team was doing and he was sure the Dragons were going to win. Sara offered to watch the girls if Andrew played in the championship game. I packed up the girls and headed to watch Andrew play. It was an excellent game to watch. Out of 6 games, the Dragons won 5 and ended up winning the state tournament for his division. Andrew pitched, played 1st, 3rd base, caught, and played left field.

Playing 3rd base.

Way to Go Dragons!!


Andrew and his coach

No comments: