Monday, May 25, 2009

Ready for Our Little Girl

Over this Memorial Day weekend, Phil and I spent some of our time finalizing all the details for the arrival of our 4th child. I washed several of her new things and put them away, put her new bedding in the crib, and started my hospital bag. We are getting close to the wire for her to come. Her brother and sisters are getting anxious for her to arrive.

Here is a little story to share from C. Today, we spent the afternoon out with our oldest to celebrate her 10th bday and we were at a restaurant for lunch. C. was finishing up sucking on a lemon slice and offers it to me. She says, "The baby wants to taste the lemon." I chuckled and took a fake taste. C. is always offering me food and saying the baby wants some too. Then later in the day C. and I were washing our hands and C. sprinkles my belly with water. I asked her what she was doing and she replies that she is blessing the baby. Four months ago, C. was disappointed that she wasn't going to have another brother, but now she is constantly talking about her new little sister. She is always offering different ways how she is going to help out or what she is going to teach her. I think C. and the other two will be a big help with their new little sister.


Dad hasn't been in many pictures, so I thought I'd give him credit for putting the crib together and dressing the crib up. Good work, Dad!


38 weeks


New floral bed sheet along with two new toys waiting for her.


Butterflies on her new comforter

1 comment:

Amber D. said...

cute bed and love your blog background. You are really turning into a great blogger.