Saturday, May 9, 2009

Baby Shower

My two wonderful sister-in-laws hosted a baby shower for me. Via email they planned and coordinated the whole thing. It turned out awesome. Sara had her good friend Lisa handcraft the shower invitations. The color theme was chocolate brown and pink. Those colors are really trendy this season especially for new baby products.

It was great to visit with family, local friends, and friends from the Glenwood area at the shower. This was really my first 'real' baby shower, even though this is my 4th child. When I had my first child, my co-workers from Malvern were planning on having a shower for me, but the day the shower was to happen, I went into labor with O. About a week later, Phil went to my school to pick up the items my staff had given me. I was very thankful for the "Book" shower because it started our collection of children literature to read to O. My staff also gave us the Pack 'N Play, which is one item we didn't sell before moving to DM. Phil and I sold EVERYTHING when we moved. My sister-in-laws thought it would be nice to have a shower to welcome their new niece. I have however bought a few things from friends, but also a good friend has been so kind to lend me several of her baby items that she is no longer using. Amber does daycare in her home and she currently doesn't have any infants. This has been a BIG help. Also my dear cousin, Michelle, has let us use her stroller/car seat, and other great baby products. Phil and I are so appreciative of our family and friends to help us get prepared for the arrival of our little girl.


The awesome hostesses Raye and Sara.


Yummy flavored cupcakes from a local bakery, pink/white bottle and booty mints, sorbet punch, and nuts were served. Raye crafted the diaper cake centerpiece on the table.


O. and I before the guests arrive. She is so excited for her new little sister to arrive.


Me with my mom, Ann, and mother-in-law, Mary.


Playing the shower game 'Baby Concentration". This game was a lot of fun but you had to pay attention to play. On the tri-fold display, there were variety of candy type candy bars and we had to match them up to a particular baby item or topic. For example-Whoppers matched up with 10 lb. babies, 100 Grand matched up with Hospital Bills, Lifesavers matched up with Grandmas. Whoever won the match then won the candy bar too. My hostesses know how much I LOVE candy so they thought this game was perfect and different as well. The guests thought the game was GREAT!!


Lots of pink outfits were given.


Fun bath items in the basket.


A little bit of green stuff too.

No comments: