Friday, March 26, 2010

An Expensive Smile

For the past two years, O has been seeing an orthodontist. Her teeth aren't really crooked. Unfortunately she inherited my BIG teeth and her jaw is too small. The time came a few months ago when the Dr. said it was time to get a mold of her teeth. A month later, the Dr. told us the 'news' that she in fact needs braces. Phil and I were hoping she wouldn't need them. I guess we were wrong. She has to wear them for the next two years. Her smile will look great while our wallet will be getting lighter.
When I came home from work, O was practicing her flute. It may take some time for her mouth to adjust to blowing in it. I didn't think it sounded too bad for the first time playing with the braces on. Right now, O has pink and green bands on and will go back in 3 weeks. She is already thinking of the colors to put on next.

1 comment:

lynnprin said...

Still a beautiful girl! Wow!